Manchester Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Care Centre
Welcome to the Manchester MND Care Centre Webpage
The Manchester Motor Neurone Disease Care
Centre provides support and care for people who are
undergoing investigations or have been given a
diagnosis of MND (or an associated condition) in
Greater Manchester and surrounding areas.
is to help people to live well with MND and to provide a co-ordinated and accessible service for people living with MND and their family and carers.
We do this by
• Providing specialist advice, support and information in all aspects of the care of a person living with MND by offering access to a range of health professionals and developing individual treatment plans
• Offering regular, specialist MND clinic appointments. These are usually held on Wednesday afternoons at Salford Royal Hospital. We also have a monthly outreach clinic at a local hospice.
• Being an effective and coordinated link between hospitals, community services and other health and social care professionals who may be involved in a person’s care.
• Ensuring that the right professionals and teams are involved at the right time.
• Working closely with the MND Association who provide information and support for people living with MND. Their Association Visitors attend clinics and are always happy to chat with people.
• Providing information and guidance about opportunities to be involved in research
There is a wealth of information and support available from the Motor Neurone Disease Association, both for people living with MND and professionals.
MND Connect Helpline: 0808 802 6262
Available Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm and 7pm to 10:30pm
You can contact our specialist nurses for more information or to be signposted in the right direction for support.
Email : email@example.com
Telephone: 0161 206 2920
We are based at:
Manchester Centre for Clinical Neurosciences
Salford Royal Hospital